Green leafy vegetables are an integral component of a healthy nutrition, rich in vitamins, minerals and cellulose, and low in calories at the same time.
Studies show that people who eat green vegetables on a daily basis have a better memory.
Almost all green vegetables are source of calcium, which is especially important for those who are on a vegan diet.
One study established a correlation between a green diet and hypertension. More green vegetables equals a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
Leafy vegetables are rich in zeaxanthin and lutein, which are essential elements for healthy eyesight, protects the eyes from age-related diseases.
In order to receive all these benefits from vegetables, it is recommended to include 1 cup of any of them or a mix in your daily food ration. You can prepare different salads, mix them with your favorite drinks, smoothies. Here are the most nutrient-rich and popular green vegetables:
1. Spinach is widely used in cooking. Many dishes can be prepared from it, but it also has a marvelous taste in salads and smoothies, when not treated with heat. Rich in vitamins A, C, K1, B group, folic acid and calcium.
2. Kale is the most nutrient-rich vegetable – it is a real source of vitamins (A, C, K), minerals and antioxidants. It is better to take it raw, because it loses some of its vitamins during thermal processing.
3. In addition to being used as dish decoration, micro-herbs contain a lot of useful vitamins and nutrients.
4. Cabbage is rich in vitamin C, which protects the body from chronic diseases. This crunchy vegetable is a source of cellulose, promotes the production of friendly bacteria, the health of the digestive system.
5. Arugula, like other green leafy vegetables, is rich in vitamins A, K, B9. According to studies, it improves blood circulation.